What is Coinbase Pro?
Coinbase Pro is a trading platform for individual traders and crypto enthusiasts.
It offers a secure and easy way for individuals to buy, sell, and trade digital assets online instantly across various trading pairs.
With a Coinbase Pro account, these individuals can track the market, view trading history, monitor open orders, and more by logging in to https://www.pro.coinbase.com.
How to Register Coinbase Pro account?
- Go to https://pro.coinbase.com/ and select Sign Up.
- Specify your account details, including your name and email address. You will receive an email asking you to verify your email address.
- After verifying your email address, you will be prompted to enter your phone number. Please provide a mobile number as you will be required to verify the phone number via SMS.
- Depending which region you’re in, you’ll be asked to provide your name, date of birth, address, intent, source of funds, occupation, and employer.
- Have your government-issued ID available as you will be asked to upload or take a photo of it.
- Once you verify your ID you may link a bank account or click Start Trading to skip this step for now.
If you already have a Coinbase account, please use the same login email address from your Coinbase account for your Coinbase Pro account. By doing this, your Coinbase account is automatically linked and transferring funds of any currency between your Coinbase balance and your Coinbase Pro account is integrated into the experience.
What are the fees on Coinbase Pro?
Coinbase Pro uses a maker-taker fee model for determining its trading fees. Orders that provide liquidity (“maker orders”) are charged different fees than orders that take liquidity (“taker orders”).
When you place any order on the order book and it is filled immediately, you are considered a taker and will pay a fee between 0.10% and 0.30%. When you place an order which is not immediately matched by an existing order, that order is placed on the order book. If another customer places an order that matches yours, you are considered the maker and your fee will be 0%.
When you place an order that gets partially matched immediately, you pay a taker fee for that portion. The remainder of the order is placed on the order book and, when matched, is considered a maker order. The fee is 0% for that part of the total order.
|Pricing Tier||Taker Fee||Maker Fee|
|Up to $10m||0.30%||0%|
|$10m – $100m||0.20%||0%|